2.01.2012

Orlando


I know, I know.  I teased you with the promise of beets and then I disappeared!  I have good news and bad news.  The good news:  beet recipes--good ones--are still coming.  The bad news:  I was in Orlando.

Okay, that bad news might only be bad news for you if you were suffering in the short blast of winter weather the Midwest experienced last week.  Then you are likely jealous that while you were searching the underwear drawer for your thermal underpants, I spent four beautiful, sunny, relaxing, days at a Disney resort, completely paid for by my employer.  It wasn't all leisure--I spent two of those days in meetings--but hell if it isn't more fun to work in Orlando than it would have been to work at home.  

It was much more fun. 

 

I sat by the pool.


I went to Downtown Disney.


I also went to Epcot.

I ate gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free food at every single Disney restaurant.  They were incredibly accommodating, even sending the chef out to my table to write my order on a special ticket.  I felt like a VIP diner.  Even better than that, I felt healthy the entire time I was in Orlando.  Thank you, Disney.  You can't know how much that meant to me.  


One of the best parts of the week?  Coming home to my darling, who was waiting for me at the airport.  Orlando can't beat that. 

All pics were taken on my iPhone and edited with Instagram. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for sunshine, great getaways, food that makes you feel healthy, and great greetings when you return home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!