11.07.2011

Monday Link Love: Inspiration


I would consider myself a person who thinks a lot--maybe too much.  My mind drifts off when I'm waiting at the pharmacy or stirring a pot of risotto.  I cry during all Pixar movies and even sometimes watching commercials.  I am a dreamer.  A believer.  I'm sure some would say I just have a wild imagination, but I don't think that's the reason.  Life moves me. 

So today I'm sharing some of that inspiration with you (food and non-food related). 

My beautiful, talented, smart cousin Joy is a truly motivated young woman.  She's already completed a young adult novel!  And she shares about her goals to be a published writer over on her blog.  Check it out--she will make you laugh, make you think, and make you want to chase your dreams, too. 


Do you think Thanksgiving can't exist without the turkey?  Aimee is proving that wrong with her round-up of vegetarian Thanksgiving dishes.  I think she's onto something, here. 

We went to a fund-raiser on Saturday night for the Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue. It's the rescue from which we adopted our amazing Boston Terrier mix, Murray.   It felt really good to support the rescue's mission and motivated me to be more involved in something that I truly believe in.

Speaking of going after your goals, I loved today's blog post from Joy the Baker.  She shares 10 tips on how to build a successful blog--and most of them you might already know but need to hear.   My favorite:  pretty things are important.  I'm going to work on that. 

You may be in denial, but Christmas is just around the corner.  I'm inspired by the modern-homemaking goddess, Cherry Menlove.  She started her series on preparing for Christmas with sharing an extremely useful template to keep track of holiday gifting and budgets.  I've already printed three copies!

Has anything around the web inspired you lately?  Please share!

See you back here soon.  As always, thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!